how to registerGrub Street classes are for writers 18 years of age and older. Writers between age 13 and 18 are encouraged to check our our programs for teens. We do not offer programs for writers younger than 13. The easiest, fastest, and most secure way to register is by doing so online. You may also call Grub Headquarters at 617.695.0075. We also accept checks, money orders, and cash. Please make checks payable to "Grub Street" and send to:
162 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
waiting listsOur workshops often sell out very quickly, so we recommend registering as soon as possible. We process all registrations on a first-come, first-served basis, and do not accept reservations. Once a workshop is full, it is listed as "SOLD OUT" on our website. Follow the "join a waiting list" link to be placed on one. Should someone cancel before the first day of class, we call immediately the first person on the waiting list. In most cases, however, we recommend choosing an alternative class.
payment & deposit policyPayment in full is due at the time of registration. We do not accept deposits.
|If you cancel a class...||...At least 3 business days prior to a class start, you receive:||...2 business days prior to a class start, until 1 business day after, you receive:||...More than 1 business day after a class start, you receive:|
|Multi-Week Class||A full credit, or a refund minus $75.||A credit minus $75.||No refund or credit.|
|Weekend Class||A full credit, or a refund minus $50.||A credit minus $50.||No refund or credit.|
|One-Night Seminar||A full credit, or a refund minus $25.||A credit minus $25.||No refund or credit.|
- Credits are valid for one year from date of issue.
- If we must cancel a class for any reason, we will give you a full refund or, if you choose, a credit in the amount of your payment, to be used for any future Grub Street purchase.
- If you attended an entire seminar, weekend, or multi-week course and found that the content varied significantly from what was outlined in the description, please let us know and we will consider a refund or credit, either partial or in full. We are unable to consider refunds or credits if the experience was “not to your liking,” although we always appreciate thoughtful critical feedback in an effort to improve our offerings.
- If you decide to withdraw from a class after one business day, you may apply that partial credit (class cost minus $75) to another workshop, only if that workshop has not yet begun.
- Please note that notification of withdrawal must be processed through the office, via a phone call (617-695-0075), voicemail, or email (email@example.com). Informing an instructor does not constitute withdrawal.
- The refund policy holds regardless of whether the class is sold out or has a waiting list.
Gift Certificates: We offer gift certificates for all of our workshops, memberships, events, and basically anything you want, in any form. Please click here to purchase a gift certificate in any amount.
Scholarships: Grub Street offers several scholarship options. Please click here to learn more.