join grub street
The Director’s Circle is comprised of Grub Street’s most loyal supporters and leaders, a group of individuals who care about the written word and want to make our city a destination for readers and writers.
A gift of $1,000 or more makes possible the quality programming and fantastic literary events that Grub Street has become known for, in Boston and beyond. Whether you make one gift or multiple smaller gifts over the year, when you reach this level you will join the group of Grub’s most steadfast and generous donors.
In recognition of their generosity and leadership, Director’s Circle members enjoy exclusive special events, opportunities to help shape our literary community, and access to all that Grub Street has to offer.
We invite you to join the Director's Circle to make a commitment to writing and help uphold Boston’s literary tradition.
- Here's why Director's Circle member Lara JK Wilson supports Grub Street:
"I give to Grub Street because it's an organization that makes a real difference -- not just to writers, but to anyone who's interested in the world of writing. Grub Street supports those who value the written word, who believe that ideas in print define cultures and bring us to a greater understanding of our world. There are many ways to learn the craft of writing, but there are few places like Grub where writers are encouraged to articulate thoughts with clarity and resonance in a supportive community. And that's most rare about Grub: the community. It's a place where everyone is encouraged and all voices are heard. There are no barriers, no prerequisites, no issues of trust. By celebrating each writer's efforts, the empathy that might be engendered in fictional characters enters the room and, with any luck, lingers when writing in isolation.
You might give to Grub because you believe in this approach based on equality. You might give because, like me, you've seen how Grub Street gives hope in the classroom and beyond. Or because you admire the organization's mission or applaud its programs or appreciate The Muse and the Marketplace. You might give to Grub simply because you can. The important thing is to give to Grub Street now, when the writing world is challenged by the ever-evolving world of technology and the many unpredictable shifts in publishing. Despite this uncertainty, Grub Street remains focused on the importance of human connection, and always seeks new ways to help writers -- and readers -- engage in a story that sustains."
Director's Circle: Benefactor ($1,000 - $2,499)
- All membership benefits (Muse level)
- Two VIP tickets to Grub Street's fall gala
- Two tickets to Muse and the Marketplace keynote brunch (2012 keynote is Julia Alvarez on Sunday, May 6th)
- Subscription to Director's Circle updates from the Executive Director
- Special recognition in the annual report and online
- Tax deductibility: $850-$2349
Director's Circle: Luminary ($2,500 - $4,999)
All of the above, plus...
- Two signed copies of annual Book Prize winners
- Two One-Day Access Passes to the Muse and the Marketplace
- Annual breakfast with an author
- Tax deductibility: $2350-$4849
Director's Circle: Patron ($5,000 - $9,999)
All of the above, plus...
- Two Full Weekend Access Passes to the Muse and the Marketplace
- Two invitations to the VIP Muse party for Muse presenters (taking place on Friday, May 4th, 2012)
- Unlimited complimentary workshops and seminars at Grub
- Tax deductibility: $4850-$9849
The Laureate Circle
For gifts of $10,000 and above, please contact Grub Street's Development Director, Whitney Scharer, at 617.695.0075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Director's Circle
If you wish to pay by phone, call us at 617.695.0075. If you wish to pay by personal check, please make it payable to Grub Street and send it to the following address:
Grub Street, Inc.
162 Boylston Street, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02116